TIPS TO AVOID HAITI RELIEF SCAMS
Cybersecurity experts and the FBI offer several safety tips for consumers:
- Whitehouse.gov, the United Nations and the Red Cross list legitimate websites for Haiti relief donations.
- Don’t respond to unsolicited e-mail or click on links contained within those messages.
- Make contributions directly to established organizations.
- Be wary of claims that 100% of donations will assist victims.
- Do not give your personal or financial information to anyone soliciting contributions.